Ontario Spring Box - Apr 24 - Jun 12 - Deposit
DEPOSIT - $50 to reserve. $126 due on first day of pick up.
The Ontario Spring Box Subscription is an 8-week produce box subscription that starts Wednesday, April 24, 2019. Each box will include 5-6 different different items including flowers and seedlings on occasion! For example, we'll be sourcing wild edibles, greenhouse crops, greens, microgreens, asparagus, rhubarb, herbs, radishes, spring onions and more! We'll also source mushrooms and occasional root vegetables. Boxes will contain a mix of conventional and organic produce.
The Spring Box will not provide you with enough produce for the entire week, but it will give you a sampling of what we have available right now in Ontario! It's geared toward 1-2 person households or small families.
Farms that we source spring produce include:
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Elmira's Own Tomatoes (Elmira, ON)
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- Barrie's Asparagus (Cambridge, ON)
- Fertile Ground Farm (St. Agatha, ON)
- Working Centre Hacienda Garden (Kitchener, ON)
- We also buy from the Elmira Produce Auction, a cooperative of farmers selling locally grown wholesale produce.
First Pick Up: Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Last Pick Up: Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Cost: $176 (which works out to $22 / week)
Deposit; $50 due now. Remaining $126 due on first day of pick up.
Should you have any questions, please let us know! email@example.com or 519-760-2535.
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (18 Ontario St. N) on Wednesdays between 2pm and 7pm.
1) What do I need to do when I pick up my box?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 7pm on your pick up day
- Drop your name with a Legacy Greens staff member and we'll check you off the list.
- The boxes are made of card board and are intended to be taken home and either re-used in your home or re-cycled. Should you want to limit your consumption of cardboard in this program, you may decide to bring a re-usable bag or container so you can transfer the contents of your box . Whatever is convenient for you!
2) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact Jordan at Jordan@legacygreens.com.
- Please note that we do appreciate consistency as it's easier to manage for us, but we are happy to accommodate the occasional request.
3) I’m moving and I can no longer participate!
- Talk to us and we’ll figure something out. Jordan@legacygreens.com
4) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- Free 30 minute parking on Ontario Street
- Free 2 hour street parking on King Street
- City Parkade Lots are $3.20 for 2 hours. The closest one is on Duke Street (Between Ontario and Queen)