Late Autumn Box - Fridays (deposit)
The Friday Late Autumn Box is a 6-week produce box subscription run by Legacy Greens. Boxes start on November 16th and continue until December 21st.
The focus will be on late-harvest crops and storage crops. For example:
- Root Veg - rotating between carrots, beets, parsnips and other root veg based on availability
- Elmira's Own Tomatoes - rotating between grape, cherry and beefsteak, depending on availability
- Apples - variety will rotate
- Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes - variety will rotate
- Squash - variety will rotate
- Occasional greens, microgreens, onions, garlic, brussel sprouts, herbs, greenhouse cucumbers, and other surprises!
The Late Autumn Box will provide you with 6-8 different items depending on the week, and should give you a very good variety of what's in season. The amounts are small and geared toward 1-2 person households. Produce is all from Ontario and will be a combination of organic and conventional.
Deposit of $50 secures your spot. The remaining balance ($94) is due on the first day of pick up.
Farms that we source late autumn produce include:
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- Elmira's Own Tomatoes (Elmira, ON)
- Harwill Farms (Listowel, ON)
- Middle O'Nowhere Farm (West Montrose, ON)
- Maple Crisp Orchards (Elmira, ON)
- Fertile Ground Farm (St. Agatha, ON)
- We also buy from the Elmira Produce Auction, a cooperative of farmers selling locally grown wholesale produce.
Should you have any questions, please let us know! email@example.com or 519-760-2535.
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (18 Ontario St. N) on Fridays between 2pm and 7pm.
Cost is $144 (which works out to about $24 a week).