Ontario Winter Box - Deposit
Deposit reserves your spot. Remaining balance due on first day of pick up.
The Ontario Winter Box Subscription is an 6-week produce box subscription that starts Wednesday, January 30, 2019. Each box will include 6-7 different different items (ex. root vegetables, apples, Elmira's Own tomatoes, onions, squash, occasional greens/micro-greens, and other surprises based on availability). Boxes will contain a mix of conventional and organic produce.
The Winter Box will not provide you with enough produce for the entire week, but it will give you a sampling of what we have available right here in Ontario! It's geared toward 1-2 person households or small families.
Farms that we source winter produce include:
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Elmira's Own Tomatoes (Elmira, ON)
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- Lorhill Greens (New Hamburg, ON)
- Golden Acres (Gads Hill, ON)
- Maple Crisp Orchards (Elmira, ON)
- We also buy from the Elmira Produce Auction, a cooperative of farmers selling locally grown wholesale produce.
First Pick Up: Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Last Pick Up: Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Cost: $126 (which works out to $21 / week)........$50 deposit secures your spot. Remaining balance due on first day of pick up.
Should you have any questions, please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-760-2535.
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (18 Ontario St. N) on Wednesdays between 2pm and 7pm.
1) What do I need to do when I pick up my box?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 7pm on your pick up day
- Drop your name with a Legacy Greens staff member and we'll check you off the list.
- The boxes are made of card board and are intended to be taken home and either re-used in your home or re-cycled. Should you want to limit your consumption of cardboard in this program, you may decide to bring a re-usable bag or container so you can transfer the contents of your box . Whatever is convenient for you!
2) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact Jordan at Jordan@legacygreens.com.
- Please note that we do appreciate consistency as it's easier to manage for us, but we are happy to accommodate the occasional request.
3) I’m moving and I can no longer participate!
- Talk to us and we’ll figure something out. Jordan@legacygreens.com
4) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- Free 30 min parking on Ontario Street in front of our store!
- Goudie's Lane Parking Lot off of Queen Street N ($2.30 / hour). Great for short term pick ups as you can pay for shorter time periods (ex. 10 min = $0.40)
- Parking at the Duke Street Parkade (first 2 hours are $3.20)