Early Summer Box Deposit
The Early Summer Box Subscription is an 6-week produce box subscription that starts Wednesday, June 20, 2018. Each box will include 6-7 local/seasonal items (ex. asparagus, rhubarb, strawberries, peaches, cherries, lettuce, kale, chard, salad greens, beans, beets, Elmira's Own tomatoes, greenhouse crops (ex. cucumbers, peppers), herbs, etc. Boxes will contain a mix of conventional and organic/ecological produce.
The Early Summer Box will not provide you with enough produce for the entire week, but it will give you a seasonal sampling of what's available locally! It's geared toward 1-2 person households or small families.
Farms that we source produce include:
- Legacy Greens (Atwood, ON)
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- The Working Centre Hacienda Garden (Kitchener, ON)
- Elmira's Own Tomatoes (Elmira, ON)
- Barrie's Asparagus (Cambridge, ON)
- Fertile Ground Farm (St. Agatha, ON)
- Romagnoli Farms (Beamsville, ON)
- We also buy from the Elmira Produce Auction, a cooperative of farmers selling locally grown wholesale produce.
First Pick Up: Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Last Pick Up: Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Cost: $144 (which works out to $24 / week)
Optional Deposit: $50, remaining balance due on first day of pick up
Should you have any questions, please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-760-2535.
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (hopefully, we'll be at our NEW LOCATION THEN, at 18 Ontario Street North) on Wednesdays between 2pm and 7pm.
1) What do I need to do when I pick up my box?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 7pm on your pick up day
- Drop your name with a Legacy Greens staff member and we'll check you off the list.
- The boxes are made of card board and are intended to be taken home and either re-used in your home or re-cycled. Should you want to limit your consumption of cardboard in this program, you may decide to bring a re-usable bag or container so you can transfer the contents of your box . Whatever is convenient for you!
2) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact Jordan at Jordan@legacygreens.com.
3) I’m moving and I can no longer participate!
- Talk to us and we’ll figure something out. Jordan@legacygreens.com
4) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- The parking lot behind the store on Goudie's lane is free after 5pm (2.30/hr otherwise)
- Free 2 hour street parking in the downtown core
- 2 hour parkade parking at Charles & Benton or Duke Street (between Ontario and Queen). $3.20 for the first 2 hours.