Summer Box - Deposit
The Summer Box Subscription is an 7-week produce box subscription that starts Wednesday, July 3rd - August 14th. Each box will include 6-7 local/seasonal items (ex. strawberries, peaches, cherries, lettuce, kale, chard, salad greens, beans, beets, carrots, sweet corn, early cherry tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, herbs and more! Boxes will contain a mix of conventional and organic/ecological produce.
The Summer Box will not provide you with enough produce for the entire week, but it will give you a seasonal sampling of what's available locally! It's geared toward 1-2 person households or small families.
Farms that we source produce include:
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- The Working Centre Hacienda Garden (Kitchener, ON)
- Elmira's Own Tomatoes (Elmira, ON)
- Fertile Ground Farm (St. Agatha, ON)
- Romagnoli Farms (Beamsville, ON)
- Kingwood Farm (Wellesley, ON)
- We also buy from the Elmira Produce Auction, a cooperative of farmers selling locally grown wholesale produce.
First Pick Up: Wednesday, July 3, 2019
Last Pick Up: Wednesday, August 14th, 2019
Cost: $168 (which works out to $24/week)
Deposit: $50, remainder due on first day of pick up
Should you have any questions, please let us know! email@example.com or 519-760-2535.
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (18 Ontario St. N) on Wednesdays between 2pm and 7pm.
1) What do I need to do when I pick up my box?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 7pm on your pick up day
- Drop your name with a Legacy Greens staff member and we'll check you off the list.
- The boxes are made of card board and are intended to be taken home and either re-used in your home or re-cycled. Should you want to limit your consumption of cardboard in this program, you may decide to bring a re-usable bag or container so you can transfer the contents of your box . Whatever is convenient for you!
2) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact Jordan at Jordan@legacygreens.com.
- Please note that we do appreciate consistency as it's easier to manage for us, but we are happy to accommodate the occasional request.
3) I’m moving and I can no longer participate!
- Talk to us and we’ll figure something out. Jordan@legacygreens.com
4) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- Free 30 minute parking on Ontario Street
- Free 2 hour street parking on King Street
- City Parkade Lots are $3.20 for 2 hours. The closest one is on Duke Street (Between Ontario and Queen)